I first started listening to podcasts three years ago I think and I absoutely enjoyed it, I’ve been listening to them while I go on walks, clean my flat, cook, or travel. I do either that or listen to some music, but I don’t always have the Spotify subscription so then I rely on podcasts. It’s amazing that there are so many genres of podcasts to choose from, I listen to comedy podcasts and just conversations mostly, but I also used to listen to a Breaking Bad insider podcast in which the creators of the show talked about each episode, what it was like to shoot it and they also had the stars of the show as guests.
There are 5 podcasts I listen to the most at the moment, some of them I discovered only recently but I’ve been listening to some of them from the very beginning.
- Dear Hank and John: This has always been one of my favourites, it’s and advice podcast (mostly dubious advice) and I often find myself laughing out loud when I listen to it, even when I’m outside at the public 😀 Hank and John Green are youtubers and John has written several books so there is a big chance you’ve heard of them. In the podcast they talk about science, art, relationships and anything else really, they answer a lot of the listeners’ questions in each episode. You should give it a try, they’re hilarious! Even though they say they’re not haha.
- Ladies Who Lunch: This one is by Ingrid Nilsen and Cat Valdes, both youtubers but I actually don’t watch their videos, I much prefer their podcast. It’s very personal and I love how they’re not afraid of any topics. They’ve talked about feminism, sexuality, relationships, politics, and many more social issues. It’s mostly just the two of them talking but not always, and at the end of each episode they answer a listener’s letter. It’s very honest and raw, and they defitnitely address even the controversial issues, which is all quite rare.
- the mustards: I absolutely fell in love with this podcast fairly recently, again it’s by youtubers (although now I’m realising that all these podcasts are made by youtubers 😀 ) and they’re called Jenny and David Mustard. They’re Swedish but now they live in Germany, and that’s one of the things I like about them. They are not afraid of moving often and moving even to a country they don’t know the language of – quite brave! In the podcast they basically talk about their lives, what they’re up to and some funny stories that have happened to them, and they also talk about topics such as minimalism, veganism, money and hygge. Both Jenny and David are really lovely and they lead a very interesting life so you should give them a try. 🙂
- Make Out With Him: This is another advice podcast and it’s made by Lex Croucher and Rosianna Halse Rojas. It’s about relationships and friendships and it’s just overall very adorable, and they make quite a bit of Harry Potter remarks which I appreciate. 😀
- Not Too Deep with Grace Helbig: This one is just very silly so I defnitely find myself laughing a lot when I listen to it. 😀 Grace interviews a different guest each episode and asks very weird questions but that’s what makes it great. It’s wonderful to listen to if you’re in a bad mood but beware when you’re in public because you might laugh out loud because of it haha.
What podcasts do you listen to? 🙂